Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday Musings: NaNoWriMo 2015 is almost over


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's the only thing going through my head right now as I realize that NaNoWriMo 2015 is almost over. I mean, it's not the ONLY sound, but it's the main one. Because I am an emotional rollercoaster! 
Beware all normal humans who've never heard of NaNoWriMo, you are in for "Last-Week-Of-NaNo-Which-Is-Also-Thanksgiving-Kat." She is a terror. She will make you listen to her latest idea of a plot twist in the hopes that you will talk her out of it, but SHE WILL INCLUDE IT ANYWAY SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING RIGHT NOW?

She will also come to your house and eat all of the carbs on your Thanksgiving table leaving only the dry disgusting turkey that this whole holiday is inexplicably centered on. Why can't we just have more mashed potatoes? I'll mold them into a turkey shape if that's what you need!

Anyway, enough crazy talk people. It's almost over, we should be happy. But also, that means that revisions are around the corner.

Some Unsolicited Advice: As you come close to the end you'll want to do things like enter your WiP in contests and query all the agents that existed ever. BUT DON'T DO THAT. Your books is for suresies not ready. Why you ask. Because it was written in a freaking month. Do you really think you didn't have one typo or hanging participle or really stupid unnecessary character in there? Well, in all likelihood there is. I know for a fact that my whole book is unnecessary characters (but I love them so you can't take them from me!)

Anyway, what was this post about? Oh yea, it's about gifs that express my crazy mental state. And it's also about me cheering everyone on. Happy Last Week of NaNo. I wish you all happiness and rainbows and reaching your goals and mashed potato turkey! 
Now for the Gifs!
You are a NaNoWriMo champ! It doesn't matter if you have 40,000 or 40 words. You're a rockstar.

Your book might not be completely cohesive right now, but keep at it, because it's going to be totally awesome.


Take a moment to appreciate the little things. Like a sweet side character you created yesterday or a sweet panda bear pots filled with deliciousness

Just know there are probably a lot of people out there excited to read your story, even if you haven't met them yet.

Ummm. I don't know what this GIF is supposed to be. I think it means that you're vomiting rainbows into your computer?

You did it! You're almost done with NaNo!

When November is done I'm going to buy myself a million presents.

You all already deserve major props for making it this far.

But there's still a week left. So get back to writing!

This GIF is for Axie.

No comments:

Post a Comment