Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Dive Into Diversity Reading Challenge

So, I am already taking part in the Diversity on the Shelf Reading Challenge. That reading challenge is books about and by people of color. So I thought I would look into other challenges that support other diverse reading too (and luckily My Little Pocketbooks provided us with nice linkies to other challenges). Because I want to diversify my diverse reading challenges and found Dive into Diversity. 
(haha, say that five times fast).

It is hosted by Reading Wishes and Rather Be Reading Blog.


Here's a blurb about it from the site:

The challenge:
We want to keep this stress-free and fun, so all we challenge you to do is read and review diverse books in 2015. However many is up to you. But remember: the more you read, review, discuss, the better!

I've signed up. Now what?
1. Come January, start reading diverse books!
2. Once you've written your diverse book review, add it to the monthly linky, which will post in the first week of every month.
3. Don't forget to use #DiversityDive to chat, share book recs, let others know what you're currently reading and more on Twitter.
4. Have fun!

Important challenge details:
- Dive into Diversity runs from January 1st, 2015 to 31st of December 2015.
- You can sign-up anytime throughout the year.
- Any book format is allowed - hardback, paperback, ebook, ect.

So, I will update this list as I read more books. Here are the books I plan to read (when I finish I will put up the date I read it and possibly a link to a review I write):

  1. Secret (Elemental, #4) by Brigid Kemmerer (LGBTQ, Jan 18, 2015)
  2. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
  3. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
  4. Coda by Emma Trevayne
  5. More Than This by Patrick Ness
  6. The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun Hutchinson
  7. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli



No comments:

Post a Comment