Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I want to Reread


The Broke and the Bookish host a weekly meme of Top Ten Lists.

This week's question is:

Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

I kind of mini answered this question with the meme of Top Ten Books that Stayed with Me. So I will try to name books that I didn't include in that list (and to be honest I reread almost every book I own at one point or another):

by Louis Sachar
Genre: Chapter Book Humor
Reason: Love the humor in this book, this was my jam in elementary school.

by Rick Riordan
Genre: YA Fantasy
Reason: This is the second book in this series, so if you haven't read the first book then go read The Lost Hero first. However, I loved the characters in this book, the Roman camp, and of course the reunion at the end of the book was a total "awww" moment for me.

by Brigid Kemmerer
Genre: YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Reason: I love the romance in this story and I really like the relationship between the brothers. Gabe is my favorite of the brothers though because he's like a misunderstood bad-boy.

by Nora Roberts
Genre: Romance
Reason: The world is awesome (New Orleans and magicians, awesome!) and the romance was epic! Also, there was some great mystery and intrigue.

by J.K. Rowling
Genre: YA/MG crossover Fantasy
Reason: This book marked the end of an era for me, and for that it will always make me cry. Yet, I can't stop rereading it!

by Douglas Adams
Genre: Science Fiction/Humor
Reason: Hilarious. Enough Said.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone
by Laini Taylor
Genre: YA Fantasy
Reason: Loved this series, and this first book did a superb job in introducing awesome character, settings, and relationships.

by K.A. Applegate
Genre: Chapter Book Sci-Fi
Reason: I wrote a whole review about why this series is awesome, but this megamorphs edition involved traveling back in time to the dinosaurs. That's like everything I love in one book!


by Judith McNaught
Genre: Historical Romance
Reason: For a while in my teens I went on an historical romance binge and Judith McNaught was the author responsible for it. Her romances are sweet and risque at the same time, they're also ridiculously awesome because of some epic misunderstandings (I also love soap operas if you can't tell yet).

Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs
by Chuck Klosterman
Genre: Non-Fiction/Humor
Reason: Some of the most hilarious and accurate observations of the pop culture that I grew up with.

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to reread Harry too! Though I forgot to include it. But Harry's always a given!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have said "All Harry Potter Books" but I figured I should pick my top re-read.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Wayside School books! Those were my absolute favorite growing up. You have a lot of books that are perfect re-reads on this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have actually reread all of these books already, but I'd still reread them again (that's how much I love them!)

      Delete
  3. I read the Wayside School books out loud to Camille. I would pause and laugh for an extended period of time while Camille would look at me strangely.

    I just bought Whitney, My Love from the used book store for a deal! Yay! I read...A Kingdom of Dreams and really liked how it was set in a medieval England, with knights and ladies. It was like King Arthur's knights, romance-style.

    I'll probably re-read Daughter of Smoke and Bone (or at least skim-read) before finally reading the second and third. I don't know what's taking me so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved everything about the Judith McNaught books, I even read her contemporary (and by contemporary set in the 80s and 90s) romances. But the historical ones were top notch. Also, if you want to you should read Ransom by Julie Garwood (Scottish lords and English ladies, swoon).

      Also, yes, re-read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, do it now!

      My friend has a potato tattoo in honor of Wayside School books.

      Delete
  4. So many of your possible re-reads got me really excited! lol, I'm sitting there like, OOh, Wayside School! OMG, Animorphs! Haha, you're taking me back to my childhood, and I LOVE it! Awesome picks!

    Happy reading from The Roaming Librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter YES YES YES! He made my list too! I really need to get reading more Rick Riordan. He is on so many lists this week and I am ashamed to say that I'm only a few books into the Percy Jackson series :( Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I think your blog posts are fantastic, and I love your blog. I love your questions! I have nominated you for the Blogger's Recognition award. Here is my award post, check it out!.

    ReplyDelete